Contribute to DLL-files Wiki »
The ntdll.dll file is one of the two most important file in the "Microsoft Windows NT" operating system, the other file is win32k.sys. Ntdll.dll is mostly concerned with system tasks and it includes a number of kernel-mode functions which enables the "Windows Application Programming Interface (API)". The ntdll.dll is also responsible for messages, timing, threading and synchronization in the operating system.
The most common occurring error messages caused by problems with ntdll.dll:
• "STOP: 0xC0000221 unknown hard error C:\Winnt\System32\Ntdll.dll"
• "STOP: C0000221 unknown hard error \SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll"
• "AppName: [PROGRAM NAME] ModName: ntdll.dll"
• "[PROGRAM NAME] caused a fault in module NTDLL.DLL at [ANY ADDRESS]"
• "Crash caused in ntdll.dll!"
• "NTDLL.DLL Error!"
• "Unhandled exception at [ANY ADDRESS] (NTDLL.DLL)"
Errors related to the ntdll.dll file are commonly occurring when a program is running, starting-up or even when "Microsoft Windows" is starting-up or shutting-down. If you are having trouble with ntdll.dll your pc will become slower, and unreliable. Programs may shut-down unexpected and cause data-loss.
Errors caused by problems with ntdll.dll are commonly occurring in all of the "Microsoft Windows" operating systems. The universal solution to your problems is to download and re-install a new copy of the ntdll.dll file. Another more time consuming solution is to re-install your OS (Operating system) entirely.